Show #44–Auto ISO & a Hangout
Host Mike Howard & Tim Kemperle (Kathleen had the night off), had to improvise some last minute topics. The guys discussed again the Adobe Creative Could solution and Mike is getting ever closer to signing up. They also discussed using Auto ISO while shooting in manual mode. About halfway through the show, we once again opened the hangout to members of our Facebook group.
Tonight’s scheduled guest had a last minute emergency come up and had to cancel. The guest is an amazing photographer and we hope everything turned out OK for him. As soon as possible, we will be working with him to set up a new date. Watch the Facebook Page for updates.
Mike & Tim discuss the Adobe Creative Cloud solution again this week. Mike is working on a blog post to go into the subject deeper, watch for the post. Basically, Mike has decided if he can get the student/teacher discount rate of $29.99/month, then the solution will work for him. But it also comes down to which programs included in the creative cloud solution you will use. If it’s just Photoshop & Lightroom (to be added later), then this may not be a good choice for you.
The next topic discussed was using auto ISO while shooting in manual mode. This allowed Mike to set the shutter speed and aperture to the desired levels and let the ISO move around to keep exposure correct. While there are some things to watch our for when doing this, it can work really well depending on what you are shooting.
About md-way through the show, the guys opened the hangout to the Facebook Group to join in (see it pays to be a member of the Facebook Group). Long time listener and winner of our Lightroom giveaway, Stephen joined in the discussion.
Future show calendar for jpeg2RAW
- Audio Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/jpeg2RAWPodcast
- Video Large Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/jpeg2raw-large-video
- Video Small Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/jpeg2raw-small-video
- iTunes – itpc://jpeg2raw.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/jpeg2raw
- Facebook Page – http://www.facebook.com/jpeg2RAW
- Facebook Group – http://www.facebook.com/groups/jpeg2raw/
- Flicker – http://www.flickr.com/groups/jpeg2raw/
- Forums – http://www.novstudios.com/smeforum/index.php
- E-mail – email@example.com